Labels

Cable ties (1) coffee (1) deli (1) fries (1) greetings (1) grocery store (1) hello (1) hi (1) how are you (1) peppered ham (1) waitress (1) water (1) wire ties (1)

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lemon Aid

Dear Waiters and Waitresses,

I am coming to your aid in what seems to be a rather common problem in our town: the needless butchering of large quantities of lemons.

Whenever a customer asks for a glass of water with their meal, it appears the standard practice is to ask if they want lemon in it ..... and then totally ignore the answer!

In my case, I don't want some man-handled skanky piece of citrus in my glass, so my answer to the aforementioned question is always a resounding no! I have even resorted to lying, claiming that I'm severely allergic to lemons, in an attempt to hammer home the NO LEMON message.

Alas, I always get lemon and to this day no wait staff has ever acknowledged their oversight when the see said lemon cast aside.

Anyway, dear waiters and waitresses, if you are not going to listen to or heed the answer to the 'would you like lemon' question ...  then ... don't ask the question! Save yourself the verbal drivel. Or, better still, save some lemons!

No comments:

Post a Comment